Friday, December 15, 2017

Preparing for Aphids, Mites, and Worms in Winter Wheat

Image result for pictures of mites in wheat Image result for pictures of aphids in wheat Image result for pictures of worms in wheat

I was sitting at my desk this morning thinking about our increasingly dry conditions and curious about how it is affecting the wheat crop.  Usually it's just getting light or dark as I'm heading to and from work.  On top of that, it's been colder so I'm ready to get in the house where it's warm. 

So I called local producer Tuck Liebel to see how his wheat conditions are with our recent lack of moisture and if there was any information I could be sending out to producers.  He was pleasantly optimistic about the condition of his wheat and surrounding fields at the moment.  So I asked him if there is anything I could be researching concerning this year's crop.  He thought information on and a gentle reminder that the season for mitigation of aphids, mites, and worms will soon be upon us.  So below are some links to some CSU fact sheets concerning these nasty little critters. 

If you are not finding the information you need, give me a call and I will go to work to find it!

Aphids   Mites  Worms

If you have time, please visit the CSU Southeast Area Agronomy Facebook page for updates on all things agronomy in our area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment